Jacksonville Trivia – How Much Do You Know?
Orlando can receive many tourists; Miami can have many party seekers; Ft. Lauderdale can have many beach goers; But it is Jacksonville that welcomes many residents. With a population of over 800,000 (jaguars not included) Jacksonville is a large city, with a large base of trivia. Take our quiz to see how much you know.
1. Jacksonville ranks first in population in Florida. Where is it located in the US?
2. The first settlement near what is now Jacksonville was called Ossachite. Was it founded more than 6,000 years ago by what Indians?
to. The Hopi
B. La Timucua
vs. The Seminoles
D. The Cleveland Indians
3. Jacksonville, when it was founded, was not called Jacksonville. What was it called?
D. Michael Jacksonville
4. Jacksonville became the city’s official name in 1822. Who was it named for?
to. Andrew Jackson
B. Stonewall Jackson
vs. James jackson
D. The Jackson Five
5. During the Civil War, Jacksonville served as the main supplier of what?
vs. Pigs and cattle
6. What happened in Jacksonville on May 3, 1901?
to. A blizzard blow
B. The mayor was assassinated
vs. a great fire destroyed the city
D. Cinco de Mayo arrived two days earlier
7. In the early 1900s, Jacksonville was known as what?
to. The winter film capital of the world
B. The cattle capital of the USA
vs. Crocodile City
D. The city with the largest covered wagon concessionaires
8. What famous band formed in Jacksonville?
B. Lynyrd skynrd
vs. The temptations
D. Barbie and the rockers
9. What river is Jacksonville on?
to. The Mississippi
B. De San Juan
D. The nile
10. Jacksonville is known for having the largest what in the United States?
to. Urban park system
B. Restaurant selections
vs. Native swamps
Answers: 1. c. 13; 2. b. The Timucua; 3. a. Cowford; 4. a. Andrew Jackson; 5. c. Pigs and bovines; 6c. a great fire destroyed the city; 7. a. The world capital of winter cinema; 8.b. Lynyrd Skynrd; 9. b. De San Juan; 10 a. Urban park system
See how it went:
9-10 correct: You know Jacksonville very well. The mayor should give you a key (Florida) to the city.
6-8 Correct: Pretty good. You definitely know more about Jacksonville than most people. Orange, are you happy with that?
3-5 Correct: Your trivia needs some work. But, with a little research, sunny days are sure to come.
Less than 3: Not very good. You are jaguar chow.